We have come to realize that some details about Our Crown Tournament are not widely known, and We think it is important for all those attending the tournament to know them.
- There is a tradition in Calontir that a fighter must be able to span their shield. This means they must be able to grip the edge and have the longest dimension of the shield in their armpit.
- Weapon systems other than sword and shield are encouraged, but not required.
- The tournament will be fought best 2 out of 3 in EVERY ROUND, unless the size of the list would make that impractical. This will be known and announced once the list of combattants is finalized after Toys for Tots.
- The tournament will be fought outside, weather permitting.
- The space immediately around the list field (indoors or out) will be reserved for combattants and their consorts. Please respect this space.
- Pageantry is highly encouraged, by contestants and the general populace alike. Please bring your banners and finest day-camping furniture to add to the atmosphere.
We look forward to a wonderful turnout and exciting tournament. We know you will not disappoint us.